Grant Application for Epigraphic Educational and Training Courses and Workshops (2019)
The following conditions apply.
- Applicants must be AIEGL members and have paid their 2019 membership fee.
- Due to limited funds, the maximum grant for any event will be 500 Euros.
- Applications should be submitted by 31 March and 30 September of each calendar year, and applicants will be notified of the outcome by 30 April and 31 October respectively.
- Applications will be assessed and ranked by the AIEGL officers and awards will be made on their recommendations, subject to the availability of funds.
- Events supported by AIEGL must be open to all qualified applicants and not restricted to students from particular institutions or countries.
- AIEGL is keen to support all forms of training in Greek and Latin epigraphy, including the promotion of digital epigraphy, in line with its own objectives and priorities.
- Successful applicants must submit a 300-word report within one month of the conclusion of the event, in a format suitable for publication on the AIEGL web-site.
Completed applications, consisting of the following documentation, should be sent by email attachment to the Secretary General, Camilla Campedelli (email@example.com):
- Name, institutional affiliation, and contact details of applicant.
- Title, location, and purpose of the meeting.
- The expected numbers, nationalities, and academic statuses (undergraduate or graduate student, postdoctoral or independent researcher, junior or senior faculty) of participants expected to attend.
- Outline of the programme and teaching staff.
- Detailed budget, including any other actual or potential sources of funding.
- What use will be made of the AIEGL grant?